If you’re not sure which questions to ask your house painter we’re here to help! Whether you’ve done this before or you’re a first time homeowner, getting your house painted can be stressful but it doesn’t have to be. If you know which questions to ask your house painter you’ll have a much better idea of what you should expect from your project. We’ve included some great questions below that should help get you started but keep in mind, every home, every project is unique. There may be specific things about your home that you’re curious about and this is not the time to be shy. There are no stupid questions when it comes to painting your home and the more you know the better expectations you’ll have for the finished product so ask away!
10 Questions to Ask Your Painter
- What kind of paint will you be using on my home?
- Will you use different products for the body, trim, doors, or accents?
- Why have you chosen to use those products over others? (If there’s a specific product you’re curious about be sure to bring that up!)
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Are your crews insured?
- How do you facilitate communication throughout and after production?
- Who will I be working with on this project? Who is my point of contact?
- What warranties do you offer?
- What do your warranties cover?
- What does your production timeline look like?
Obviously this is just the tip of the iceberg and we would really encourage you to take a walk around your house and jot down any other questions that come to mind. Another important thing for you to think about as the homeowner is who else YOU want involved with the project. This could be a spouse, friend, family member, even your neighbor. The point is, if you want them involved and they can’t be there for the estimate make sure to ask them for any questions they have so you can ask them during your consultation. If you’re interested in scheduling a free estimate with one of our Kind Homes estimators so you can grill them with your questions call us today!