With 2017 rapidly coming to a close, we look to 2018 and the positive changes we can make for ourselves, to live a greener lifestyle. As an environmentally responsible home painting company, we’re committed to ways to help improve our environment. If you’re looking to improve the efficiency of your home this new year here are our Top 5 Solutions for a Greener Home in 2018.
- Bring plants into your home. Not only do living plants bring life to any room, you’ll also enjoy the benefits of having purified air. Plants naturally process the air in your home which means you’ll be able to breathe easier and you’ll have the added benefit of being surrounded by life.
- Start recycling. This one is an oldie but a goody in our opinion. Your trash services will typically have an option for adding recycling to your plan or you can find a local recycling drop off center if you’re willing to make trip. To find a location near you check out the Denver Recycling Directory.
- Check the seals on your windows and doors. It’s no surprise that old or broken windows can lead to massive home efficiency issues. If you find yourself needing to bundle up in certain rooms of your house, deficient windows and doors may be to blame. There’s a lot to research if you’re looking at upgrading your windows so contact us if you’d like to learn more.
- Consider insulating your home. Proper insulation plays a much bigger role in your home’s efficiency than you may think. If your roof is not properly ventilated or if your crawl space, attic, or basement are poorly insulated you may be wasting a lot of energy (and money) on heating or cooling your home. The best time of year to tackle this project is in the spring or fall so you’re not battling it at peak season.
- Speak to a home efficiency consultant. If you’re really interested in exploring how you can take your home’s efficiency to the next level it would be best to set up an appointment with a local home efficiency expert. They should be able to meet with you at your home, perform a home efficiency test, and go over some options to help make your home more efficient and save you money. To schedule an appointment with a Kind Home Solutions expert call today.
Making changes to live a greener life in 2018 doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive. The small choices we make everyday can have a huge impact. Start where you’re comfortable and go from there. The important thing is that we all strive to make a difference for ourselves and our community.
0 thoughts on “Greener Home Solutions in 2018”
Hi, this is a comment.
To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.